LASIK surgery offers a wealth of benefits for the average eyeglass wearer. If you’ve been wearing eyeglasses for a long time, consider a few of the benefits of LASIK listed below.
- Improved Vision: The primary LASIK benefit is that 95% of patients who undergo the procedure achieve 20/40 vision, the vast majority of those achieving 20/20 vision or better. Although each patient is different, the statistics show that a significant number of those who undergo LASIK surgery significantly improve their vision.
- Long-lasting Results: Following a stabilization period of about 3 months for the eye to adjust, LASIK results are expected to be permanent. Some patients will need reading glasses as they age due to normal vision changes that occur in the aging process, as LASIK surgery does not correct those types of issues.
- Quick Recovery: Another LASIK benefit is the quick recovery after the procedure. Patients cannot drive immediately after LASIK surgery, but most patients return to normal schedules as soon as the day after the procedure.
- Safe and Quick Procedure: LASIK surgery is performed quickly, and because the skilled surgeons at Inland Eye Institute use blade-free methods, which they have found to be more accurate, the procedure is considered by many to be one of the safest surgeries performed today. The entire procedure takes just a matter of minutes, making this another LASIK benefit.
- Money Saving: One LASIK benefit that is often not considered is that the procedure saves money in the long run. Contacts and glasses usually need to be replaced annually. The total spent for corrective lenses can reach into the tens of thousands during a patient’s lifetime. LASIK has become more affordable over the last decade, as new technologies are developed, making it more economical to invest in LASIK surgery than continue to expend money for new glasses or contacts each year.
- Life Changing: Many Inland Eye Institute patients say that the best LASIK benefit is the life changes it creates for them. Patients often say they gain confidence, and many indicate they are able to participate in many recreational activities they were unable to do before because of their need for glasses or contacts.
If you have questions about LASIK eye surgery contact Inland Eye Institute at 909-937-9230 or website for more information and to determine if you’re a good candidate for eye surgery.