LASIK eye surgery provides many people with the option to get rid of their contact lenses and glasses and improve their quality of life with better vision. When considering LASIK, it is important to understand what to expect with recovery. Below are some LASIK aftercare instructions to help you have the best possible outcome.
- Take all of your prescribed medications as instructed.
- Wear proper eye protection. This can protect your freshly operated eyes from scraping or bumping.
- Drink lots of water to keep yourself hydrated.
- Avoid rubbing your eyes.
- Keep yourself away from exhausting physical activities, especially those which might cause eye injury.
- It’s better not to exercise for at least one week after the surgery.
- Don’t take a shower or wash your hair until at least 24 hours after your procedure.
- Be careful when you’re in the shower or bath. Be sure to keep soap out of your eye when you wash your hair and watch out for hair spray and shaving lotion.
- Don’t drive until you are instructed to by your doctor.
- Avoid pools, hot tubs, saunas and lakes for at least 3 weeks.
- Do not wear eye makeup for at least a week.
- Avoid dirty and dusty environments.
- Sunlight may cause damage to your eyes, so wear sunglasses with proper UV protection whenever you are outdoors.
- Give your eyes a rest. Avoid watching TV, reading or using the computer for the first 24 hours as these activities may strain your eyes.
To learn more about LASIK aftercare instructions in Rancho Cucamonga or to find out if LASIK is a good option for you, contact Inland Eye Institute at 909-937-9230 or inlandeye.com.