Christopher L. Blanton, M.D.
Refractive Surgery ~ Cornea Specialist
Dr. Blanton is a fellowship-trained cornea specialist and has performed over 35,000 refractive procedures. He is the former Chairman of the American Academy of Ophthalmology panel on Refractive Surgery Knowledge Base. Dr. Blanton has been selected to be a Medical Monitor and Global Medical Advisor for AMO/VISX Corporation making him responsible for training, certifying and advising hundreds of doctors in laser vision correction. Dr. Blanton has been invited to train other surgeons in Europe, Asia, North and South America. He has also been the principal investigator in numerous studies with the excimer laser and the effects of altitude on refractive surgery patients.
- Fellowship: Cornea & External Eye Disease ~ Wills Eye Hospital ~ Philadelphia, PA
- Residency: Ophthalmology ~ National Naval Medical Center ~ Bethesda, MD
- Medical School: Medical College of Ohio ~ Toledo, OH
Certifications and Memberships
- Board Certified by the American Board of Ophthalmology
- Board Certified by the National Board of Medical Examiners
- Member, American Academy of Ophthalmology
- Member, American Society of Cataract & Refractive Surgery